Travel Checklist for India – Packing List for the India Traveler
A complete Travel Checklist for India Vacations: Here’s a handy travel checklist for india of things that you should get along when you come to India. This Packing list for India includes most of the things are available in India, there may be some difference in quality, price, usability and it’s always a good idea to have familiar things around you. These all things are for a complete tour of India. There are chances that you may feel that few things are not required. But we want to provide a complete checklist for India. We will be dividing the complete India in our later blogs and posting the checklist on the later stage.
When a traveler decides to travel he or she will have three basic questions in their mind. Where? How? And What?
Where? Will be answered when you finalize the destination!
How? Will be answered when you finalize the mode of travel!
What? Will be answered when you finalize what you will be taking with you!
Here we will be answered the question what you need to take to your India tour Package. You also can check with your Travel agent in India for a checklist. It will be easy to have travel checklist for India and they start preparing for the tour.
- Cotton trousers.
- A pair of shorts.
- Long cotton skirts for women.
- Light colored shirts and T-shirts (cotton).
- A hand towel.
- Good number of cotton underwear.
- A cap or a hat.
- Few warm sweater or jackets as it will be winters during North India Tour.
- Sandals and easy slip-ins for frequent removals while visiting temples. Cotton socks to wear when you find the floor of such sites hot. Slippers if there are frequent long distances train travels.
- A pair of sneakers.
- Swimming gear.
- A set of formal clothing.
- A small, handy and effective torch to be always carried along.
- A multi-purpose knife set like Swiss Army knife.
- Water purification tablets if visiting remote locations where mineral water is unavailable.
- Sunscreen lotions (High factor)
- A pair of binoculars.
- A lightweight bed sheet.
- Mosquito repellent or mosquito net (lightweight, permethrin-impregnated).
- Hands and face tissues.
- An inflatable pillow. Neck-rest pillow for long bus journeys.
- Shower gel.
- Nail brush
- Spare batteries.
- A small bag to be tucked at back to carry essential things while on sightseeing.
- Air cushions for hard seating.
- Ear plugs.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Lip balm.
- Eye mask.
- Toilet paper
- Money belt
- Water bottle (handy).
- Bum bag.
- Contact lens cleaning equipment.
- Your prescription medicines, if any, in labeled containers.
- Medicine for diarrhea (Imodium, Lomotil) and an upset stomach (Gelusil).
- Medicine for cough and cold, such as pseudoephedrine tablets (Sudafed) and cough syrups (Tossex, Linctus Codeine).
- Pain-relieving medicines, such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin (Crocin, Disprin).
- Decongestants and antihistamines (Avil, Benadryl) for treating allergies.
- Antibiotic ointments (Neosporin), bandages, Band-Aids, surgical adhesive tape, sterile gauze, cotton-wool buds, corn pads.
- Medicines for preventing motion sickness, such as dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and anti-nausea drug promethazine (Phenergan).
- Anti-infective ointments like cetrimide.
- Dusting powder for feet against fungal attack.
- First Aid kit alongwith syringes, needles, disposable gloves, scissors, tweezers, nail clippers, pocket knife, thermometer, and mirror.
- Chapsticks and vaseline are useful for colder climates; and a steroid cream (Eumosome) is helpful to relieve the itching caused by insect bites.
- Condoms and contraceptives.
- Passport and VISA. Keep separate Photostat copies of your passport.
- Confirmed air tickets for all sectors.
- Clearly filled up vouchers of your tour operator with all service details.
- Contact persons’ names and round the clock numbers.
- All confirmed hotels names and addresses.
- Confirmation faxes/letters/e-mails from tour operator, hotels and other service providers already booked.
- Complete information on itinerary, sights, and important places of assistance.
- Spare passport-size photographs
- International driving license.
- All permits, Indrail passes and other documents if applicable.All the destinations can become difficult if you are not well prepared. Please make sure when you visit India with you carry whatever you feel you may need it in India. But this checklist may help you to pack your bag properly.
We have some more blogs that can be helpful for your India tour. Please go through these top blogs Travel To India In August and Common Tourist Scams In India. Please also read a blog on Best Indian Snacks and for saving the money visit Best Ways To Save Money On Accommodation.
Shot By: Zecknos