Within the fort are the remains of Tipu’s Palace. Haider Ali started the construction which was completed by Tipu Sultan inTipu’s Fort 1791. It was used as a summer retreat. It was known as the “Abode of Peace”. Currently the settings evoke memories of a two storied ornate wooden structure with pillars, arches and balconies. Location: In the City Market area.
This red building with gables, in Cubbon Park was built to commemorate Sir K.Seshadri Iyer, who was the Dewan of Mysore State from 1883 to 1901. The library housed in the building was set up in 1915.The statue of Seshadri Iyer in a small rose garden, in front of the Hall was put up in 1913. The building with the statue in front forms a focal point of a long avenue coming from Hudson Circle.